The day started nicely with a fresh bloom in the flower box. We had a few 85 degree days last week. Like I said earlier, Texas is wonderful in the spring, winter and fall!!!
I started with the ailerons. I figured they were the easiest to recover if I screwed up.
|Single coat on Ailerons|
|Ed doing the Brushing duties|
Its amazing how well this covers. By the end of the day, all of the control surfaces and Horizontal were finished and I had used less than a quart of paint. The beautiful thing about that is its mostly water and it evaporates away.
|Ailerons with second coat|
|Coating the elevator|
This is me doing the elevator. I tried to measure the weight gain at this point, but I found that my scales were not sensitive enough to measure the difference. I will know exactly when I reassemble everything an re weigh, but from the looks of it my weight gain will be measured in ounces. My estimate of the paint weight was 12 lbs. Based on that I was going to be 10 lbs over weight.
|Horizontal with one coat|
The Horizontal came out beautiful. Its very smooth and very clean. I can hardly wait to fly this thing.